Finally managed to finish off a picture that I started in March! I really enjoyed working on it, because it's a theme I enjoy and it had some challenging aspects with the perspective etc. It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot anyway
Knowing my schedule at the moment, I'll probably disappear again for a bit. Buuut I'm hoping to organise the screenshots for Dragon University, so I can put together a walkthrough. And then to finish off some of the other pieces I have for my site.
Totoro WIP Animation
Also, I think I forgot to post an update when I did a bunch of new plushie items at the beginning of this month, so if you haven't looked at it since then, there should be more in there
Been busy with work again, so updates probably won't be that frequent D: But I'll try to get things done in between.
Plushie Maker Update
Finally managed to get a cloak and goggles in there too X3
Today is also the last day for the current giftbox drop rates. They won't come as frequently, but they will still appear. Hopefully I can finish integrating my star catching game soon, they should be easy to win
Catching Stars WIP
Made using the GameQuery JS game engine X3 Sorry, no sound, because it's kinda laggy - it's BYO music <w<
Oh, I thought I should also mention, that I've changed the giftbox drop rate a little. They now have the chance of appearing at any time of the year, but they won't be as common as in December.
Winter's Warmth Process
- Thumb sketch - I wanted steps leading to a door, with a girl who had just found a stray kitten and wrapped him in her scarf.
- Lines - I don't actually line a lot of my stuff now, I just paint over top. But I drew over this one. I then threw a beige colour in the background and painted in purple over it to get the overall shadows.
- Greyscale - changed it to greyscale, made the wall darker, so the girl would stand out better and would contrast with the snow.
- Colour 1 - Started adding colour back in using the colour, overlay, multiply and soft light layer modes.
- Colour 2 - More colours using layer modes.
- Colour 3 - Yet more colours - some were simply blocked in without colour modes (like the stockings) using my tablet pressure sensitivity for opacity.
- Painting - The next two steps are just painting. Eyedropping or picking colours and rendering as I go.
- Effect - Adjusted the colours with colour balance and added some overlay colours. Also added the little white vines.
- Snow - Very lazy snow I adjusted a default brush and set it to scatter. Used a few different sizes and opacities.
- Oops - Fixed the face a bit Still not that happy with it, but I just don't have time @_@
- Final - Copied the image and pasted into a new file, resized it and added my watermark