Catching Stars WIP
Made using the GameQuery JS game engine X3 Sorry, no sound, because it's kinda laggy - it's BYO music <w<
Oh, I thought I should also mention, that I've changed the giftbox drop rate a little. They now have the chance of appearing at any time of the year, but they won't be as common as in December.
Winter's Warmth Process
- Thumb sketch - I wanted steps leading to a door, with a girl who had just found a stray kitten and wrapped him in her scarf.
- Lines - I don't actually line a lot of my stuff now, I just paint over top. But I drew over this one. I then threw a beige colour in the background and painted in purple over it to get the overall shadows.
- Greyscale - changed it to greyscale, made the wall darker, so the girl would stand out better and would contrast with the snow.
- Colour 1 - Started adding colour back in using the colour, overlay, multiply and soft light layer modes.
- Colour 2 - More colours using layer modes.
- Colour 3 - Yet more colours - some were simply blocked in without colour modes (like the stockings) using my tablet pressure sensitivity for opacity.
- Painting - The next two steps are just painting. Eyedropping or picking colours and rendering as I go.
- Effect - Adjusted the colours with colour balance and added some overlay colours. Also added the little white vines.
- Snow - Very lazy snow I adjusted a default brush and set it to scatter. Used a few different sizes and opacities.
- Oops - Fixed the face a bit Still not that happy with it, but I just don't have time @_@
- Final - Copied the image and pasted into a new file, resized it and added my watermark
Ethereal Artbook Preview
Spent time on and off for the better part of this week. It's the first full background I've drawn in a while and has two characters in it. I loooove drawing greenery
Yesterday I added a page to the pixel art menu, that shows all of the plushies that have been made It updates automatically, whenever someone makes a new one.
I'm going to have to figure out where to put that page permanently (yes, it may move), because I want to finish a mini game I've been working on, which you'll be able to win plushies from.
Fiery Aristocrat WIP
Some people start with a greyscale painting and then colour it, but I usually like working in colour early, because I like colour? >>
Wishing for Rain Progress
I also fixed a bug in the plushie maker - it wasn't switching base types properly (fluffy vs clipped), but it should be now
Here's a few more plushies I need to make the colour of the feet changeable >>